Regent Street Physiotherapy was opened in 1999 and has progressively grown to the success it is today, employing ten highly trained physiotherapists covering a wide range of specialty areas.
The Practice is one of the largest staffed independent Physiotherapy practices in the Newcastle area.
Facilities include eight private treatment rooms, one open treatment bed, and a wide range of gym and rehabilitation equipment for use.
All our staff are registered with the NSW Physiotherapy Registration Board, are members of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and are registered to provide care to patients who are entitled to treatment under the WorkCover Scheme, Third Party Scheme, The Department of Veterans Affairs and Medicare Enhanced Primary Care Scheme.
Our facilities allow our therapists to utilize a number of different treatment options:
- Hands on Therapy - Soft tissue massage & mobilization, Joint mobilization, Myofascial release, stretching, Dry Needling and Acupuncture.
- Modalities - Electrical Stimulation, T.E.N.S, Ultrasound, Thermal Modalities.
- Therapeutic Exercise - Physioballs, Balance boards, Therabands, stationary bike, Postural training.
- Patient Education - Understanding your injury, Treatment of your injury and Prevention of future injury.
- Others – Exercise Prescription and sport specific training, Custom braces for shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, knee and ankles, and Custom foot orthotics.
The Practice and its employees have provided care and treatment for many Local and National Sporting teams including Newcastle Netball representative teams, Newcastle Jets, Hunter Pirates basketball Team, Hurricanes water polo team, Australian swim team, Australian Paralympic team, and various NRL & AFL teams.
At Regent Street Physiotherapy we aim to provide the best possible professional treatment to our clients in a friendly & relaxed atmosphere.
Our staff are highly trained, widely experienced and continue to maintain their skills & education through development & training opportunities.
We value our clients and their needs. We see our primary goal is to improve the general well being of our community members through our professional treatment and our ongoing involvement with sporting and exercise groups.
We continue to maintain and develop good working relationships with other highly skilled health professionals to ensure appropriate referral and a cohesive approach to the individual’s injury management.
We hope to make our care accessible with a wide range of practice opening hours and at a reasonable cost.